Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Dark Window: If You're Not Wearing God On Your Sleeve...

Prepare to be horrified...

Thursday, August 19, 2004

If You're Not Wearing God On Your Sleeve...

...You Might Need A New Shirt.

That's the brilliant title of Debbie Daniel's new column over at GOP USA. It's all about how Jesus should be the true ruler of our country and that we should vote for him in this upcoming election. But since he's not actually running, I think we're supposed to vote for the surrogate savior - George W. Bush.

So, go out today and get yourself a new shirt because you're not getting it done with the one you're wearing.

Might we suggest a fine Christian t-shirt?

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself and wonder what in the world I'm doing. I've never been political in my life, but I've always been patriotic. I've never tried to be sanctimonious, but today my "righteous indignation" is showing and I'm learning, "there is a profound difference" . . . as young Ron Reagan would say . . . so the march has begun, the fight is on. [Ellipses hers]

If you thought Janet Jackson's nipple scarred our children, just wait until they get a gander at Debbie's righteous indignation.


Debbie Daniel, Exhibitionist For The Lord

It's not about a candidate for President; it's about principles . . . our faith. This election is about good and evil, right and wrong, God and no-God.

I sure hope John Kerry's priest doesn't hear that he's running on the no-God platform. Then he really won't get to take communion!

I profess to be a Christian, but some who wish I'd lay my pen down, tell me I'm no such thing. So, I'll call myself a Christian with many flaws, in training to be a soldier in the army of God.

Kind of like a Christian Lynndie England.

This brings up a question I need to ask: As a nation founded on Judeo-Christian principles, what are we going to do with God? . . . The Almighty God . . . the One True Living God?

Uh...Go out for cocktails? Seems like a weird question.

And what are we going to do with Jesus . . . The Son of the Living God? . . . The reason we celebrate Christmas. If it's not the One True God, then Jesus has no meaning in our lives.

I wonder if Jesus likes dancing. I think I'll give him a call.

When we refer to "Under God," . . . "In God We Trust," . . . or "God Bless America," there are some who would have you believe it's whatever "god" you want to make it. Just pick and choose your god and that's the one we're talking about.

Remember, all those things refer only to Debbie's God.

Are we trying to relegate the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to be the same God as Mohammed, Buddha, or Allah?

Not one of them is the One True Living God of the Bible . . . and once again, there is a profound difference.


Yeah, so vote for Bush!

If you really don't believe God as anything to do with our country or this election . . . I wouldn't tell HIM.

Whom should we tell then? That gossipy Lucianne Goldberg maybe?

If you're making statements like that and have never experienced the wrath of God . . . Woe be to you, my friend.

Yes, I'm fairly confident that Debbie's friends experience a great deal of woe.

The young Ron Reagan who speaks with just a slight smirk of proud defiance, would have us believe that his father did not walk around wearing his faith on his sleeve, but when the ballet dancer was "pirouetting" around the country denouncing his father's every word, it just seems strange that the son now comprehends the exact meaning of his father's faith, and can now speak for him in his death.

Oooooh, ballet dancer...I'll bet he's a homosexual, too!

The late President once said: "Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure. If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

I'm sorry, but Ron, you are no Ronald Reagan.


Well, you know, technically he is, Debbie...

When God spoke to Moses in Exodus 3:15, he said, "I am the God of your Fathers, of Abraham, of Isaac, and the God of Jacob . . . this is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation." It was there that God presented Moses with the Ten Commandments. He didn't give them to Buddha or Mohammed. And that's not Allah holding those two stone tablets.

It's actually Charlton Heston.

So, do we need to bring in the bull-dozers and fire up the jackhammers? Maybe not, I already feel the rumbling of the earth below as those Founding Fathers "roll over in their graves" and I don't believe God is none too happy with us either.

I don't believe I'm none too happy with Debbie's writing, either.

The call to God is being omitted everyday from our textbooks. It was Patrick Henry who said, "Give me liberty or give me death", but these words not seen: "An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us . . . we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations."

Hard to argue with that. What textbook shouldn't include a call to God?

Why, we've already bull-dozed the Ten Commandments out of the Rotunda of Judge Roy Moore's Alabama Courthouse. The remains are in hiding.

And just this week an activist judge in Harris County, Texas (Houston) has ruled that a Bible enclosed in a monument that has been on display for nearly 50 years must be removed because it might encourage people to read the Bible. Well, hark if that should happen!

Yes, hark!

We are in a fight for our survival, so if your sleeve doesn't show it, maybe you could wear a band that says, "I'm voting for Almighty God in this election" and then place your vote where it will count.

What in the world could I say to top that?

Thanks for the fine column, Debbie! I'm definitely changing my shirt after reading that!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?